England Handball Seeking To Recruit New Chair
England Handball is seeking a Chair to join the Board who can lead the Board of England Handball, ensuring that:
- The highest standards of probity and governance apply in relation to the conduct both of the Board and of the operations and activities of the organisation.
- England Handball’s business is conducted in accordance with its purpose, as set out in its constitutional documents, and associated strategy, values, and policies, and with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will be a confident communicator and strategic thinker. You will bring experience of leading and working collaboratively on a board or similar committee and have a strong commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We look for colleagues who will encourage, challenge, and support us to be the best that we can be.
- You will have a commitment to understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of a Company Director.
- Previous experience in sport is not essential however, an understanding of the sport sector may be helpful. It is essential that you have the interpersonal skills to connect with a diverse range of stakeholders. Above all else, you will have a desire to improve the organisation and further develop the sport in England.
Opportunities and benefits:
By joining us at this stage of our journey you will have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for the growth of handball in England, leading change, addressing challenges, and exploring new opportunities.
- Be a part of a highly skilled and inclusive Board of Directors from diverse sectors and backgrounds.
- Develop your leadership skills and knowledge.
The role of the Chair is not accompanied by any financial remuneration, although expenses for travel may be claimed.
Remote working with meetings held predominantly via zoom or in London, Loughborough, Derby and Nottingham.
An average of 2-3 days per month including attending six Board meetings per year, the Annual General Meeting, committee meetings plus online communication as required between meetings.
England Handball Association Board.
Applications can be uploaded at https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies, quoting reference number 5766, clearly identifying how your skills and experience are relevant to the requirements outlined in the role description and the unique qualities you will bring to the role.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 18th April 2022
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact England Netball’s appointed advisors, Perrett Laver, by contacting Research Associate, Joe Blanch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7340 6258.
Week commencing Monday 9th May 2022
For more information please click here
Share on Facebook
Tweet this event