England Handball Vacancy | Club and Competition Officer (Clubs)
England Handball is hiring for the following role:
JOB TITLE: Club and Competition Officer (Clubs)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Club Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Salary: £25k - £27.500 per annum depending upon experience
JOB HOURS: Fixed-term contract until 31st March 2027 – 37hrs per week
Main Focus of the role
The Club and Competition Officer (Clubs) will work in partnership with selected handball clubs alongside wider partners and stakeholders to provide high quality handball participation opportunities.
The postholder will also be responsible for overseeing the successful organisation and growth of the EHA’s annual programme of competitions for England Handballs affiliated clubs.
The Club and Competition Officer will be accountable to and appraised by the Club Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the organisation and growth of a national programme of competition for affiliated clubs including but not exclusively – Senior league competition, National Cup, Youth competitions
- Establish and publish an annual calendar for all EHA sanctioned competitions and events in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure all competitions and events are delivered to an agreed, and published, framework of rules
- Maintain budgetary systems and controls to ensure competitions are delivered within allocated budgets
- Build improved community participation and club infrastructure across England.
- Provide support to selected new and established clubs with their development and governance through advice, guidance, and assistance in completing funding applications, building local partnerships and raising the profile of the sport that will enable the establishment of a sustainable network of participation opportunities
- Monitor the collation of results of all league and cup games and ensure that results and up-to-date league tables are published on the EHA website
- Support the Memberships Administration Manager to maintain accurate records of all affiliated clubs, handle all new affiliations and in dealing with all player transfers, both national and international, including relevant administration required by the European and International Handball Federations
- Support the Competitions & Events Group and the Competitions Disciplinary Committee with any information related to club and player disciplinary issues as might be required
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of all halls and venues which are suitable for hosting EHA sanctioned competitions and events
- Lead on all aspects related to the participation of any EHA affiliated clubs in European competitions
- Lead in developing further opportunities around recreational formats for clubs
- Work closely with the marketing team to promote and create digital content for competitions along with identifying marketing opportunities
- Build effective relationships with colleagues, ensuring they are engaged and informed of all relevant developments within competitions
- Gather feedback and use insight to inform planning and decision making to improve future competitions
- Support the Management team in the creation of department budget and track budget against forecasts on an ongoing basis
- Ensure ongoing positive relationships with external partners and commercial sponsors that provide opportunities to leverage investment and support for competitions
The Club and Competition Officer (Clubs) does not have direct line management responsibility. However, on occasion there may be a requirement to manage or supervise the EHA’s volunteer workforce.
Location of post
It is anticipated that the post will be predominately remotely based. Due to the nature of this job, and the potential for travel across the country, you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
NB. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity you will be required to work and can be amended with consultation in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- A current knowledge of organising and delivering competitions and events at local, regional and national level
- An understanding of the structures of education based and community sport specifically as they relate to competitions.
- Knowledge and experience of communicating with a large and diverse customer audience through all types of media.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with clubs and wider key partners and the ability to motivate/engage them to deliver handball initiatives.
- Excellent management and communication skills including the ability to produce concise and accurate written reports and present information to individuals and groups at all levels in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong data management skills and a knowledge of IT and electronic database systems that will support the collation of information.
- Ability to deliver assigned projects on time and within budget requiring excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting requirements
- Awareness and sensitivity to be able to work successfully within a team environment and to work effectively with other agencies.
- A willingness and commitment to work unsocial hours and in a flexible, ‘can do’ environment.
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 30th August 2022
Share on Facebook
Tweet this event