Impact of Covid-19 Tier 4 Restrictions on Handball Activity
The Government announced the introduction of Covid-19 Tier-4 restrictions on 19 December.
These restrictions have implications for handball activity.
Under Tier-4 restrictions, as long as England Handball’s Return-to-Play guidance followed, you can:
- Do unlimited outdoor handball activity alone, with your household, support bubble, or with one other person from a different household.
- Organise outdoor training for Under-18s (including those who were under 18 on 31 August 2020). Safeguarding protocols must be followed.
- Organise indoor handball for Under-18s (including those who were under 18 on 31 August 2020) for educational purposes or to facilitate childcare to allow parents or carers to work, seek work or take part in education. Safeguarding protocols must be followed.
Under Tier-4 restrictions you can’t:
- Play adult team handball under any circumstances. This includes team training
- Play under-18 team handball, unless it falls under the exemption listed above.
To view England Handball's Return-to-Play guidance, and information on the impact on handball activity of the other tiers please click here.
Share on Facebook
Tweet this event