Showcasing great children's coaching event
UK Coaching are hosting a special event at Stoke Mandeville Stadium on the 10 October 2019 from 10:00-15:00 to showcase great children's coaching.
We know from the latest Sport England Active Lives Children and Young People Survey that enjoyment is one of the key drivers of children's participation in sport and physical activity. The free event welcomes coaching children and schools leads at partner organisations from across the UK to come together to look at how we can support coaches to:
- deliver against the Government’s new school sport and activity action plan
- place enjoyment at the heart of delivery to children
- help coaches and teachers make physical education and school sport more playful and inclusive
- learn fun and innovative practical techniques for keeping children engaged to blend with the pioneering academic theory
- help coaches develop greater knowledge and confidence in order to deliver movement competency into their coaching
- reduce the risk of injuries, which are a key factor in participation
The event will also allow you to network and learn from colleagues and experts across the children and young people sector. We'll also be showcasing our suite of coaching children workshops, including:
- Coaching Children 5-12: The Next Generation
- How to Coach the Fundamentals of Movement
- Boing! A research-led programme designed to help coaches and teachers make physical education and school sport more playful and inclusive
- RISK (Reducing Injury in Sports with Kids) A Erasmus+ project with Gloucester University specifically designed to help coaches develop greater knowledge and confidence to deliver movement competency into their coaching
Following the event, we want to work with partners to help you deliver similar regional and local events using this content.
To book please visit UK Coaching.
Share on Facebook
Tweet this event