diploma in sporting excellence
Applications for the 2022 - 24 cohort are now open.
The applicaiton form can be found here
The applicaton process will close on 31st July 2022 with selections being comfirmed week commencing 1st August 2022.
What is the diploma in Sporting excellence?
The Diploma in Sporting Excellence is an exciting initiative that offers handball athletes aged 16-18 who have the potential to play at the top level to:
- Train in an elite environment, while
- Continuing in full-time education
The Diploma is delivered via six annual national training events which are supported by a variety of professionals in handball & sport science. Additional support will be delivered in conjunction with Great Britain Youth National training camps.
What does it cover?
The education programme examines:
- technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of handball
and areas such as:
- lifestyle management
- wider career management
- health and safety
What are the benefits?
- develop handball skills to a high standard and understand how to apply technical and tactical skills
- better understand how to manage their career, lifestyle and mental attitude
- be able to apply what they learn to a wide range of careers, especially sports science and coaching
and have the potential opportunity of:
- full-time, discounted placements at the Handball Academy in Denmark (Former GB Training Academy).
- England and GB Representation*
It also allows England Handball to measure how each athlete applies themselves to these areas.
Who is the Diploma in Sporting Excellence for?
To apply for the Diploma in Sporting Execellence Award candidates must:
- be a member of an England Handball affiliated club
- have potential to represent youth and senior national teams
It is also desirable if candidates:
- are a member of the England Handball's Regional Academy programme
- Players undertaking an apprenticeship or studying at independent schools may not be eligible for the DiSE programme.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org