Anti-Doping Overiview 2021
Throughout 2021, England Handball delivered clean sport (anti-doping) awareness training to athletes within the performance pathway. Athletes enrolled on the DiSE programme accessed two online and one face to face workshop aimed to develop their existing knowledge of key issues within the area of anti-doping.
These issues included;
- Values of Clean Sport.
- A Food First Approach.
- Banned Substances and the Prohibited List.
- Key Agencies involved in Anti-Doping.
- How to check Medications and Supplements for banned substances.
- Therapeutic Use Exemption Forms.
- Testing Protocols at major events.
- Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRV’s).
- Case Studies of previous ADRV’s.
These subject areas are followed up with a knowledge assessment as part of the DiSE programme and key messages have been reinforced during face to face training camps