Starting a club
I want to start a Handball club. What resources are there?
England Handball has starter packs that can be bought from the England Handball shop.
I want to link up with local schools/colleges/universities to set up satellite clubs. What do I need to do?
You can contact your:
What funding is available for Handball?
Your local Active Partnership can provide information on available funding.
When starting a Handball club, it is important to ensure that you have the right organisational
structure, coaching qualifications and club welfare standards in place and that your club is insured.
If your club can meet the following Fit for Purpose criteria, you can affiliate to England handball as
an Emerging Club which entitles your club to Public Liability Insurance.
- Anyone coaching independently or leading a session must have:
1. Minimum level 1 Coaching Handball qualification (or International equivalent qualification)
2. It is best practice for coaches to be First Aid trained
- Any coach leading sessions with youth players (u18) must also have
1. UK Coaching: Safeguarding and Protecting Children qualification
2. DBS Check (for relevant age group e.g. Children/Minors)
- All clubs must have a named and trained Club welfare officer, this training includes:
CPSU: Time to listen course
- All clubs must have a named and trained First Aider.
- Clubs must be constituted and have an active board or committee including a minimum of
three committee members that are unrelated or non-cohabiting. E.g. Chair, Secretary and
- Every club must have its own club bank account. It is not permitted for a club to run its
finances through the personal bank account of any of its members.
- Clubs must have a separate neutral club secretary email address used for communication
with the EHA- Personal email addresses will not be accepted
To affiliate to England Handball, please complete this form
FILL OUT THE ENGLAND HANDBALL CLUB SIGN UP FORM
- Name of Club:
- Name of Secretary:
- Secretary Email:
- Club Location:
You will then be sent login details to access England Handball Azolve membership system:
This is where clubs can affiliate as an emerging club, register for leagues, tournaments, and register
As an affiliated emerging club you are eligible to apply for an England Handball Community
Activation Funding to support the development of your club
If you need any support in meeting the Fit for Purpose criteria please contact
Matt Durber: Matt.Durber@englandhandball.com